Virtual Bullying, Real Suicide

Tu można wypowiadać się na wszystkie inne tematy jakie przyjdą Wam do głowy.
Posty w tym dziale nie są naliczane.

Moderatorzy: ksiezycowka, modTeam

Awatar użytkownika
shaman
Weteran
Weteran

Postautor: shaman » 11 mar 2008, 12:46

Not all incidents of Web villainy have a humorous side. In 2006, a 13-year-old girl committed suicide after being harassed repeatedly on MySpace by someone she thought was an 18-year-old boy. After her death, it became clear that the boy was, in fact, a creation of the mother of one of the girl's former friends.
According to reports, the woman, Lori Drew, had established a fake MySpace account for a fictitious 18-year-old boy in hopes of finding out what the girl was saying about her daughter online. After pretending to woo the girl, the "boy" turned on her, hurling vicious verbal attacks.
Although no one was charged in the case, the bullying prompted officials in the girl's hometown of Dardenne Prairie, Mo., to make Internet harassment a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of up to $500 and 90 days in jail.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is so concerned about cyberbullying that in September 2006 it convened a panel to explore the problem. According to the CDC: "Youth can use electronic media to embarrass, harass or threaten their peers. Increasing numbers of adolescents are becoming victims of this new form of violence ... Like traditional forms of youth violence, electronic aggression is associated with emotional distress and conduct problems at school."
Michigan University's Ellison says, "The characteristic of the online medium is that certain aspects of our personalities may be able to be expressed more. In the MySpace situation, the Internet afforded the woman an opportunity to mask as a high-school boy, which would be a lot more difficult face-to-face. The characteristics of the Net allow for different possibilities, and it can be a slippery slope."

źródło: http://tech.msn.com/news/articlepcw.asp ... 895&page=3

Fragment pochodzi z artykułu o internetowych "jerkach". Nie sądzicie jednak, że zachowanie tej kobiety kwalifikuje ją do przestępców?

Silnie upraszczając: jeśli wszystko z opóźnieniem przychodzi do nas z zachodu, to czy naprawdę czeka nas podobna przyszłość? Czy kiedyś klon mutanta naszej-klasy i myspace będzie zabijał nam dzieci? Czy wystarczy "być dobrym rodzicem" i odpowiednio uświadamiać dziecko, tłumaczyć zagrożenia, sens życia, uczyć dystansu, aby skutecznie uchronić je przed czyms takim? Jak poznać i postępować z kimś, kto padnie ofiarą tego zjawiska i przyjdzie z tym tutaj, na to forum?
Awatar użytkownika
pani_minister
Administrator
Administrator
Postautor: pani_minister » 11 mar 2008, 15:06

shaman pisze:Nie sądzicie jednak, że zachowanie tej kobiety kwalifikuje ją do przestępców?

Chyba nie tylko my, a sąd także. Zresztą jakiś czas temu sporo w prasie o tym było, nie zauważyłam nikogo, kto broniłby tej mamusi.
Tak na marginesie: za bezinteresowną podłość powinny być procesy nawet, jesli nie doprowadziła ona do takich tragedii.
shaman pisze:Czy kiedyś klon mutanta naszej-klasy i myspace będzie zabijał nam dzieci?

Nigdy. Do tego trzeba człowieka.

Poza tym, przystępniej i ciekawiej:
http://technologie.gazeta.pl/technologi ... 00841.html
Ostatnio zmieniony 11 mar 2008, 15:07 przez pani_minister, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

Wróć do „Wszystkie inne tematy”